Firstly, The SKIN also called “CUTIS” is simply an outer surface, a natural protective body covering and site of the sense of touch.
SKIN LAYER: Basically, the skin consist of 3 main layers which are;
- EPIDERMIS : This layer is the outermost layer which we can see with the naked eyes,it act as a physical and biological barrier to the external environment preventing penetration by irritants,allergens,loss of water and also maintains the internal homeostasis.
- DERMIS : This layer sustain and support the epidermis.
- SUBCUTANEOUS : This is the innermost layer of the skin.
Having described the skin layers, let’s move to the skin types. Many a woman doesn’t know their skin type so questions and unnecessary concerns keeps popping up each time because they don’t understand what their skin wants and the best products for it. I’ll be shedding more light on this in the next paragraph, just ensure to not skip any part of this article as it’s information loaded ☺. 👇👇👇
SKIN TYPES : It is very important a person knows his/her type of skin so as to understand it better for care. We have 5 types of Skin;
- OILY SKIN : Oily skin as the name implies is very oily and prone to acne due to the excess secretion of oils in the skin. This type of skin always battles acne, whiteheads,pimples and many other skin issues especially on the face due to clogged pores. If you have this skin type, avoid the use of oily skin products, your basic skin products should be gel or serum based as these are lighter than oils.also ensure to wipe/clean your skin once it feels oily to unclog your skin pores.
- DRY SKIN : This skin type is very dry due to under production of oils in the skin. They are characterized by wrinkles, dryness, flakiness and sometimes peeling. This skin type should use more of oil based products so as to help keep it moisturised and hydrated.
- NORMAL : This skin type is the best skin type to have,I call them INDEPENDENT SKIN. This skin neither over secrete nor under secrete oils in the skin. Almost any type of skin product is perfect for this skin type.
- SENSITIVE SKIN : This skin is a very delicate and most conscious skin type I would say. Almost all products used on this skin reacts fairly badly to it hence why you see some people saying “I’ve used product A but… I’ve used product B but…”. The best skin products for this skin are the Hypoallergenics, they’re very mild and most suitable for this skin type.
- COMBINATION SKIN : This skin type consists of 2 or more skin type, they can be dry on a part of the body and oily on the other part. This skin type requires usage of different skin products such that it suits each part of the skin perfectly ie products for dry skin on the dry areas and products for oily skin on the oily areas.
I’m excited about this next part;
SKIN CARE ☺
SKIN CARE is a range of practices that support skin integrity,enhance its appearance and relieve skin conditions i.e nutrition,avoidance of excess sun exposure and appropriate use of skin products.There are a couple of factors/practices that affects skin care. Some of which are; HYGIENE, FOOD CONSUMPTION, HARMFUL CHEMICALS, ULTRAVIOLET RAYS FROM THE SUN, and many more.Though the sun is a great source of Vitamin D for the skin, research shows that excess exposure to the sun causes skin damage and increases the risk of skin cancer.
Hence, I do recommend sunscreens to help prevent the skin from harmful UV rays. Foods we consume also contributes a great deal to our skin health,lots of fruits, vegetables and water does wonder to the skin and should be taken more frequently. Avoid smoking and junks as they damage the skin.
Some skincare products such as soaps, creams, exfoliants, masks,cleansers,serums, even oral medications helps the skin a great deal. However, to avoid skin irritation and/or other skin issues due to usage of a skin product,always consult your Dermatologist or Skin therapist before using a product you are not sure of on your skin. Also, Pure Organic Skincare Products are the best food you can serve your skin as they do not pose any threat to your skin health rather, they rejuvenate and enhance your skin though the process might always seem slow.
YOUR SKIN IS A REFLECTION OF YOUR HEALTH.
This brings me to the end of this article. I hope you find it very helpful and handy